Moms will always have a way with words. It doesn’t really matter if they give simple pieces of advice, what it’s important is they always mean it - although some of these are PRETTY crazy. Here are some of our personal favorite movie quotes from motherly characters.
1. “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna’ get.” - Mrs. Gump, Forrest Gump
Mrs. Gump had a lot of really cool quotes for her son, Forrest, but this one is a favorite of ours because it’s damn true. Life is full of surprises, but don’t worry because your mama raised you to be ready!
2. “If you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock? I will crawl on the car, drive up here to Oxford, and I will cut off your penis.” - Leigh Anne Touhy, The Blind Side
This one’s for the boys out there. Think before you act gentlemen because we’re pretty sure that all moms can be like this if you get a girl pregnant out of wedlock, and more so if you’re still in in school.
3. "You know every story, every wound, every memory. Their whole life's happiness is wrapped up in you...every single second." - Isabel Kelly, Stepmom
Some of us have unconventional stories. Let’s just say that there are times when “family” doesn’t necessarily have to be measured through blood. Sometimes it’s through the love that’s given.
4. “Your identity is your most valuable possession.” - Helen Parr/Elastigirl, The Incredibles
Mrs.Incredible was referring to the masks the gave to her children, but maybe it can also mean that being proud of who you are is what’s important. Yeah, sometimes moms give out the weirdest, yet most effective advice.
5. “If you’re gonna drink it, I’d rather you do it in the house.” Mrs. George, Mean Girls
Yeeaahhhh...this one’s not really the greatest advice a momma can give, but based on our experiences, we do know a few real-life moms who set the ground rules much like Mrs. George. #CoolMoms
6. “Don’t take drugs!” - Elaine Miller, Almost Famous
Actually, we should revise this to “every mother around the globe”.
7. "You gotta compliment them. Even if they big n’ ugly.” - Juanita and Patrice, Baby Boy
This was motherly advice from Juanita and her best friend Patrice to Juanita’s son, Jody. Now, it might seem a little harsh, but it’s very true.