Image above is the property of Lion’s Gate and Artisan Entertainment via Variety
February has begun movie buffs! Some of you may be watching this month’s blockbusters with your special someone, or you may be happy with the single life, or maybe, you’re on the hunt with cupid’s arrow. Nonetheless, we’re here to help you with how we know best - with movies!
To get your heart and mind ready for some loving, we listed down a few useful tips from movies. These films don’t necessarily need to be romantic films. With the right mindset, you can apply these to your pick-up line or dating motivation arsenal.
1. “First dates are interviews.” - Van Wilder (Van Wilder, 2002)
That’s damn accurate! This is the getting-to-know stage and the second date will depend on how you perform on the first date. Basically, it’s kind of like a job interview - make a good impression for that final interview with big boss!
2. “Do not confuse love with lust nor drunkenness for judgment. - Sala” (The Rum Diary, 2011)
You do not go on a date, much less flirt when you’re half-assed drunk. It’s a recipe for an embarrassing, if not the worst, moment of your life. Alcohol is not just a truth serum, it’s more of a truth steroid when you’ve binged yourself to the point of no return. Drink moderately, kiddies.
3. “If you want something bad, you have to fight for it. Step up your game. Break out of the L-word.” - Wallace (Scott Pilgrim vs The World, 2010)
You want that “yes”? Do you want that second date? Step up your game! Turn that L into lover and not loser. Like our “lolas” and “lolos” used to say - “kapag may tiyaga, may nilaga”. Start cooking. *wink*
4. “I’m not sure that politics and dating really go together.” - David (Love Actually, 2003)
Trust us. It doesn’t. Love is whatever the hell it is. An unknown feeling that you just have in the pit of your stomach. Politics? Well, we’re not even going to go there because we all know what happens nowadays when people talk about politics. Free for all, love all is how it should be, if you would ask us.
5. “You ask them questions and listen to what they have to say and shit…” - Oz (American Pie, 1999)
We wanted to give this tip to men, but it can actually apply for both sexes. If you’re on a date, do your best to brighten the conversation, especially if you have a lot of common ground. A good ear works wonders boys and girls.
6. “It’s not about doing the things you love, it’s about doing things with the ONE you love.” - Gary (The Break-Up, 2006)
But what about doing the things you love with the one you love? Right!? Right!? However, you can actually love everything that you do if you do it with one special person. If you hate sushi, but you remember that your first date was at a sushi buffet, that what’s there to hate? We know. You wouldn’t change one single thing.
7. “ A relationship, I think, is like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it dies.” - Alvy (Annie Hall, 1977)
Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been together for a long time, always remember, progress moves forward and not backward. From time to time, it’s good to look back to avoid making the same mistakes, but don’t dwell too much on that because you’ll drown yourself in it. Look at the past as a lesson to shape the future. Don’t let it dictate your future. BOOM!
Enjoy the month of love with the flicktastic blockbusters in our movie schedules. Book your tickets now!